Luma Learning Strategies in the Transportation Industry
Our free Luma Learning Lessons include objectives, estimated time, materials and instructional procedures for classroom and online/blended teaching. We will provide strategies on how to use our new LumaLive technology to collaborate virtually in real-time. We include these pillars from our learning research to illustrate where they are infused in our lessons.
- Arrange the room in stations and put 1 scenario on each table.
- Have learners work in pairs.
- Optional: Have learners come up with team names.
- Have the teams come up with solutions or responses to the scenarios. Feel free to add specific scenarios that apply to you at your company.
- When teams have made their way through all the scenarios, have the groups discuss their solutions.
- Invite the police officer to provide his or her perspective on their solutions.
- Invite the learners to create posters for the office to display that align to tips for communicating with the police.
- Optional: After they leave the class have them review Luma’s eNugget® on How to Communicate When Pulled Over or a similar online content.
- Optional: You can choose 1 poster a month to highlight in a company newsletter. Hang posters in the office and post on social media.
- Assign Luma’s eNugget® on How to Communicate When Pulled Over or a similar online content.
- Provide a challenge for learners to create posters for the office to display that align to tips for communicating with the police. Set a date for them to submit their posters by sending snail mail, dropping it off by a terminal, or taking a picture and sending via mail.
- Have drivers submit questions about communicating with policy before a live classroom or online synchronous session in a webinar tool like LumaLive.
- Invite a police officer to share their experiences and best practices for communicating with police.
- Hold a Q & A with the drivers.