Luma Learning Strategies in the Transportation Industry
Our free Luma Learning Lessons include objectives, estimated time, materials and instructional procedures for classroom and online/blended teaching. We will provide strategies on how to use our new LumaLive technology to collaborate virtually in real-time. We include these pillars from our learning research to illustrate where they are infused in our lessons.
- Arrange the room in tables and put 1 artifact on each table and pads of paper and writing utensils.
- Have the learners sit in groups at the tables.
- Ask the learner if they have ever had to drive directly in the sunlight. What strategies did they use to drive into the sunlight? Make a list of the strategies they used.
- Now, point out the artifact that is on their table. Have them write a message from the perspective of the artifact to the driver.
- Give them 3-5 minutes per object and then switch objects. At the end, have one person per group go around and share their artifact perspectives.
- Optional: You can have the groups vote on their favorite group’s artifact perspective. Pass out polarized sunglasses as prizes for the top group.
- Launch a LumaLive session. Ask the learner if they have ever had to drive directly in the sunlight. What strategies did they use to drive into the sunlight? Make a list of the strategies they used on the white board.
- Show an image or an actual artifact. Have them write in the chat box a message from the perspective of the artifact to the driver.
- Discuss the chats when 2-3 minutes are up.
- Assign the Luma’s eNugget® on Here Comes the Sun or a similar online content.
- Have them complete it while on LumaLive and see how well they do on the assessments.
- Discuss what they learned together on the call.