Luma Learning Strategies in the Transportation Industry
Teaching Without A Teaching Degree: Luma Learning Lessons contains 52 lesson plans and worksheets with 106 different teaching strategies designed for the trucking industry that can easily be adapted to suit any age and content topic.
Our free Luma Learning Lessons include objectives, estimated time, materials and instructional procedures for classroom and online/blended teaching. We will provide strategies on how to use our new LumaLive technology to collaborate virtually in real-time. We include these pillars from our learning research to illustrate where they are infused in our lessons.
- Arrange the room in tables and put 1 artifact on each table and pads of paper and writing utensils.
- Have the learners sit in groups at the tables.
- Ask the learner if they have ever had to drive directly in the sunlight. What strategies did they use to drive into the sunlight? Make a list of the strategies they used.
- Now, point out the artifact that is on their table. Have them write a message from the perspective of the artifact to the driver.
- Give them 3-5 minutes per object and then switch objects. At the end, have one person per group go around and share their artifact perspectives.
- Optional: You can have the groups vote on their favorite group’s artifact perspective. Pass out polarized sunglasses as prizes for the top group.
- Launch a LumaLive session. Ask the learner if they have ever had to drive directly in the sunlight. What strategies did they use to drive into the sunlight? Make a list of the strategies they used on the white board.
- Show an image or an actual artifact. Have them write in the chat box a message from the perspective of the artifact to the driver.
- Discuss the chats when 2-3 minutes are up.
- Assign the Luma’s eNugget® on Here Comes the Sun or a similar online content.
- Have them complete it while on LumaLive and see how well they do on the assessments.
- Discuss what they learned together on the call.