Luma Learning Strategies in the Transportation Industry
Teaching Without A Teaching Degree: Luma Learning Lessons contains 52 lesson plans and worksheets with 106 different teaching strategies designed for the trucking industry that can easily be adapted to suit any age and content topic.
Our free Luma Learning Lessons include objectives, estimated time, materials and instructional procedures for classroom and online/blended teaching. We will provide strategies on how to use our new LumaLive technology to collaborate virtually in real-time. We include these pillars from our learning research to illustrate where they are infused in our lessons.
- Pass out the Human Trafficking Worksheet or copy this format on a board where you are filling in the circles around it.
- Ask the learners, “what works come to mind when they see that word.”
- Option: Have them individually fill in their worksheets or do this together as a large class.
- Discuss the maps and all the words you came up with. Come up with a working definition of Human Trafficking.
- Have all the learners enroll and become a certified TAT-Trained driver.
- After they watch the video, have them revisit the Human Trafficking Worksheet and definition that you all came up with. With a colored pencil or markers, have them make adjustments and add to their worksheet.
- Discuss how to report incidents and pass out the TAT Wallet Cards.
- Optional: Meet with drivers through LumaLive or a similar online technology and fill out and discuss the Human Trafficking Worksheet. You can share your screen and have the worksheet shared.
- Send out the Luma eNugget® on Human Trafficking or a similar online content. Give them a week or so to complete it. Tell them to revisit the Human Trafficking Worksheet and definition that you all came up with. With a colored pencil or markers, have them make adjustments and add to their worksheet.
- As part of our eNugget® on Human Trafficking training, they will enroll and become a certified TAT-Trained driver.
- Meet with them next month via LumaLive or similar online technology and discuss how they would report an incident. Make sure that each have downloaded and/or have access to the TAT Wallet Cards.