Luma Learning Strategies in the Transportation Industry
Our free Luma Learning Lessons include objectives, estimated time, materials and instructional procedures for classroom and online/blended teaching. We will provide strategies on how to use our new LumaLive technology to collaborate virtually in real-time. We include these pillars from our learning research to illustrate where they are infused in our lessons.
- Pass out the Human Trafficking Worksheet or copy this format on a board where you are filling in the circles around it.
- Ask the learners, “what works come to mind when they see that word.”
- Option: Have them individually fill in their worksheets or do this together as a large class.
- Discuss the maps and all the words you came up with. Come up with a working definition of Human Trafficking.
- Have all the learners enroll and become a certified TAT-Trained driver.
- After they watch the video, have them revisit the Human Trafficking Worksheet and definition that you all came up with. With a colored pencil or markers, have them make adjustments and add to their worksheet.
- Discuss how to report incidents and pass out the TAT Wallet Cards.
- Optional: Meet with drivers through LumaLive or a similar online technology and fill out and discuss the Human Trafficking Worksheet. You can share your screen and have the worksheet shared.
- Send out the Luma eNugget® on Human Trafficking or a similar online content. Give them a week or so to complete it. Tell them to revisit the Human Trafficking Worksheet and definition that you all came up with. With a colored pencil or markers, have them make adjustments and add to their worksheet.
- As part of our eNugget® on Human Trafficking training, they will enroll and become a certified TAT-Trained driver.
- Meet with them next month via LumaLive or similar online technology and discuss how they would report an incident. Make sure that each have downloaded and/or have access to the TAT Wallet Cards.