Collaboration and connection are important for our social-emotional well-being. Importantly, Luma has conducted research and published the benefits for creating learning communities remotely. This year, Luma will provide specific strategies you can implement to connect learners remotely. We are calling these strategies our Luma Connections.
Teaching Tool: LumaLive®
This is Luma’s synchronous or same time meeting tool. This online tool allows learners to interact with each other to explore a topic and to discuss key concepts, share experiences, interact with each other, and to ask questions in real time. Interactions are in real-time and can be mentor-learner, learner-to-content, learner-to-self, and learner-to-learner.
Icebreakers foster connections, facilitate community, and begin the session/training on a high-note. Effective icebreakers should be fun and non-threatening, meaning questions should not be too personal or uncomfortable to answer. The sillier the questions the better!
- Name a cartoon character you would like to hang out with and why.
- Name something you would like to get in the mail.
- Of all the places you could go, name one place you would most like to go.
- Name your superhero alter ego.
- Name the movie genre that best fits your day/life (comedy, romance, drama, horror, etc.).
This is just a short list of topics. What new icebreaker can you think of or find to turn up the volume on your next training?