Collaboration and connection are important for our social-emotional well-being. Importantly, Luma has conducted research and published the benefits for creating learning communities remotely. This year, Luma will provide specific strategies you can implement to connect learners remotely. We are calling these strategies our Luma Connections.
Teaching Tool: LumaLive®
This is Luma’s synchronous or same time meeting tool. This online tool allows learners to interact with each other to explore a topic and to discuss key concepts, share experiences, interact with each other, and to ask questions in real time. Interactions are in real-time and can be mentor-learner, learner-to-content, learner-to-self, and learner-to-learner.
“Thankful for” Discussion
Sharing gratitude is a mood boost and is a great way to start training on a positive note. Consider beginning each training session with a 5- 10 minute “Thankful For” discussion in which learners share that for which they are thankful.
- What are five things you are thankful for today/in general?
- Who is someone for whom you are grateful? Why?
- What is something that happened today for which you are thankful? Why?
- What is something you learned today for which you are grateful? Why?
- What skills or talents do you have for which you are grateful? Why?
Can you think of other prompts for a “Thankful For” Discussion?