Luma’s Record Keeping Tool Saves Companies Looking for a Solution for the COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard
Starting January 10, 2022, the COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS), implemented by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), will go into effect for any employer with more than 100 employees.
To provide employers with sufficient time to come into compliance, OSHA will not issue citations for noncompliance with any requirements of the ETS before January 10, and will not issue citations for noncompliance with the standard’s testing requirements before February 9, so long as the employer is exercising reasonable, good faith efforts to come into compliance with the standard. OSHA will work closely with the regulated community to provide compliance assistance.
While the status of including drivers into this count is caught up in the courts, some employers are preparing to comply with the mandate for their nondrivers. The mandate states that employers will be required to:
- determine the vaccination status of each employee.
- preserve acceptable proof of vaccination and a roster of each employee’s vaccination status.
- maintain proof of vaccination and roster as part of employee medical records (29 CFR 1910.1020) while the ETS is in effect.
In concert with these requirements, Luma, an instructional design and learning company in the trucking industry, is helping their clients proactively prepare for the upcoming mandates.
In order to comply with OSHA’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing ETS mandate, Luma’s eNugget® Learning Management System enables employers to do the following:
- Send out just-in-time training on the OHSA ETS mandate to anyone in the organization.
- Create custom training that aligns with company mandates or policies.
- Use the provided template to create and post the company policy on vaccinations and face coverings.
- Send out a smart form to capture vaccination status.
- Automatically send out ongoing testing forms to those who choose not to get vaccinated.
- Receive ongoing reports on status, based on a pre-set schedule.
- Keep vaccination files in a secure, digital file cabinet and provide auditor access on request.
- Use Luma’s Record Keeping Tool to find all employee forms, training certificates, and compliance records in a centralized place. Any type of document can be uploaded, and conversations or issues can be captured by adding hidden notes.
Dr. Gina Anderson, CEO of Luma, stated, “We have clients who need a centralized place to provide custom training on this very sensitive and important topic, as well as tracking secure data and forms. Luma’s Record Keeping Tool is a natural fit and an extension of our platforms that helps our clients solve this time-sensitive issue.”
To learn more about how Luma can help you manage the COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing ETS, call (574) 807-8148, ext. 5, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about OSHA’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing ETS, visit https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/ets2.